Sunday, January 22, 2012

I think it's time..

Well,
I've been coasting on this blog for too long. Time to get my shit together and bring it back!

Without further ado, I present:
"the engagement risotto" (because I've been propositioned a couple times after making it)
You'll need:
1 cup arborio rice
4 cups any kind of stock (I prefer chicken with this)
1 large red union
A slice of good bread
A jalepeno
Half a cup old cheddar, or some other stinky nonsense

To start, finely slice and caramelize that onion. Get a deep brown on it, which will take forever and smell wonderful.
Then, add your rice. Toast it, somewhat.
Slowly add stock to it, waiting until it absorbs the liquid between passes.

Meanwhile, MULTITASKING
Toast then chop your bread up. Fry it up with a chopped jalepeno. Wusses, don't take the seeds out. They complete the fun. Get it all crispy.

When your stock is all used up, add the cheese. You now have risotto, or some reasonable facsimile. Then toss in the breadcrumbs nonsense (pangratatto, it's called).

Eat, and be prepared to fight off your friends and family for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment