Friday, June 5, 2009

Cornbread - aww yeah.

So I've decided to write a new blog, focusing on my love for cooking, having people over, and enjoying the fine beverages supplied by the government (it is Ontario, after all). I'll alternate between recipes I make all the time and what I just made, whether it's an abject failure or not.

Here's a success, made about half an hour ago, as written in an e-mail to a friend of mine.









"make this, or i'll key your car



  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal

  • 1 cup all purpose flour

  • 1 cup milk

  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar

  • 1/3 cup oil

  • 1 tblsp baking powder

  • 1 egg

  • 1 tbsp thick hot sauce

  • 1/2 cup cheese curds (or normal cheese, if you're not cool)

  • 1/2 cup grated cheese

Mix all this, except the grated cheese, and toss in a small oven-proof skillet or a loaf pan. Put grated cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 40-ish minutes (check after half an hour). Eat when stupid hot, with lots of butter. Send me an e-mail detailing just how much better your life is as a result.


Regards,
Marc"


Now if you don't make this, don't expect any nasty surprises for your car. If you know Deluca, you know the revenge that has to be hadfor a certain comment made blocking a certain appendage of mine at a party he held. Also, if you don't have an oven proof skillet, check your attic or your grandma's house. I made this using a seventy year old cast iron I got from her, and it's my favorite tool in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment